Operation and Access
As a precautionary measure, Memorial Vale is temporarily closed in response to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
How to get to the Memorial
Address: Praça da Liberdade, s/nº, corner with Rua Gonçalves Dias.
Belo Horizonte – Minas Gerais – Brazil.
CEP (Zip code): 30140-010
Main access ways to Praça da Liberdade, where the museum is located:
Rua da Bahia
Av. João Pinheiro
Av. Cristóvão Colombo
No parking available at Memorial Vale.
There are paid parking spaces on the streets near the museum, as well as private parking garages in the region.
Bus lines to Praça da Liberdade::?2004, 2101, 2103, 2104, 2152, 4032, 4034, 4106, 4111,?5031, 5101, 5102, 801A, 8102, 8106, 8107, 9103, 9105, 9106, SC02B
For information on bus schedules and itineraries, visit: www.bhtrans.pbh.gov.br
Rules and recommendations
Please beware of the following guidelines so that everyone can enjoy their visit to Memorial Minas Gerais Vale to the fullest:
- Purses, backpacks and begs must be kept in the lockers made available in the reception area.
- Filming is not allowed.
- Photographing is allowed provided you don’t use your flash.
- Do not use your cell phone during the visit.
- The use of high-heel shoes is strongly discouraged, since the Memorial’s floor is historical, listed as a cultural heritage and fragile in some areas.
- Avoid speaking load, yelling, running or leaning against pillars, railings and windows in the Memorial.
- Only touch scenarios and pieces that have a label allowing you to do so
- Audio equipment will be lent only to people over 16 years of age; underage visitors, between the ages of 12 and 16, may borrow the equipment provided they are accompany by someone of legal age, who will be responsible for the loan.
- Consumption of beverage and food, in specific cases, is limited to Café do Memorial or to the Reading Room.
- Water is available in the Reading Room, and must be consumed within this space.
- Reading Room: to consult materials in this space, ask for the help of an employee.
In doubt, inquire one of the educators at Memorial Vale during your visit.